What you'll learn
- Understand the research about classroom discussion and debate
- Understand the role of classroom discussion in building robust understanding, while learning why it can be so challenging
- Apply new strategies to improve and enhance classroom discussion and debate
ag体育官网most teachers know that discussions can catalyze student understanding but discussions don’t always happen the way we hope they would. why are classroom discussions often so challenging? what can teachers do to improve them? what do we know about why they matter?
based upon the research of hgse professor catherine snow, one of the world’s leading experts on language and literacy, learning through discussion and disagreement begins by revealing what classroom discussion is and isn’t and defining what makes a classroom discussion successful. professor snow then provides research evidence for the value of classroom discussion and explains why it can be so effective—and why there is too little of it in most classrooms. finally, participants will explore strategies for getting started and make plans to engage their students in the classroom.
Harvard Graduate School of Education
You may also like
- Learn what is involved in using data wisely to build a culture of collaborative inquiry. ...
- Learn how to utilize Instructional Moves to strengthen the effectiveness of and enagement in your classroom discussions.